As a children’s author, Barbara loves meeting the children she writes for and sharing some of her experiences and expertise with them. Children love to meet authors and Barbara loves to meet readers!
Barbara can present to small groups as well as large assemblies. Her presentation is most suitable for grades three through six and includes the following:
- Visuals of some of her childhood writing
- The inspiration behind each of her books
- How authors use real life events in fiction stories
- The importance of revisions (including samples of her manuscripts marked for revision by her editor)
- Her all-time favorite, sure-fire writing technique with plenty of student involvement
- Ten to fifteen minutes of Q&A with students
- Worksheets for teachers to use for following-up in classroom.
Schedule the Visit
For information and scheduling, please contact The Author Village.
Announce the Visit
Here are some materials to help you promote Barbara’s visit
to your school, parents, and local media.